Lesson 8 Test Yourself
Conducting Discussion-Based Exercises
1. True or false? A seminar is an excellent way to orient first time exercise participants to the emergency plan and their specific roles and responsibilities under the plan. This session may help make them feel at ease and reduce their stress level prior to the exercise.
2. Which exercise is NOT a discussion-based exercise?
3. True or false? Discussion-based exercises focus on strategic, policy-oriented issues.
4. How do workshops differ from seminars? Choose all that apply.
A. ____There are more participants in a workshop.
B. ____The focus is on achieving or building a product in a workshop.
C. ____Workshops concentrate on “what-if” analyses of existing plans.
D. ____Participant interaction is increased in a workshop.
E. ____There is no difference. Both workshops and seminars are the same.
5. What document must be available as reference for any emergency management exercise? Choose the best answer.
A. ____ Emergency plan of the organization
B. ____ Agenda for the day
C. ____ List of participants
D. ____ Sustaining action guidelines
E. ____ Guidelines on how to write memos and briefing notes for emergency situations
6.Which exercise explores the way that decisions are made, the consequences of those decisions, and lets you examine the same situation from various angles by changing some of the variables that would guide a participant’s actions?
7. Which exercise is used for validation, especially in testing for weaknesses in procedures?
8. Why is sustaining action important?
A. ____To keep the moderator on his or her toes.
B. ____To keep people from getting bored or distracted.
C. ____To increase the pace of activities during an exercise.
D. ____To make the exercise more fun.
E. ____To make sure the exercise ends on time.
|Previous||Table of Contents||Next|