Lesson 10 Test Yourself
Common Exercise Elements
1. Choose the best situation report input, A or B.
A. ____Press releases were distributed to the following radio and TV stations:
- Radio Canada
B. ____Press releases were distributed to radio and television stations and were given airtime during the morning drive period. Community Relations was contacted and is reporting that the majority of citizens contacted heard these releases and obtained the registration number and information through them.
2. Choose the best situation report input, A or B.
- ____William Jones from our fine staff held a breakfast meeting at the local Rotary Club meeting to discuss disaster relief efforts. Breakfast consisted of eggs, sausage, toast and beverage.
- ____Community Relations attended a local meeting of citizens to discuss disaster recovery efforts. Attendance consisted primarily of local politicians and business leaders and all evaluations of our efforts to date are very favourable.
3. Choose the best situation report input, A or B.
- ____A large delivery of water arrived yesterday. This is in addition to a delivery of 50,000 litres of water from the donations center.
- ____A delivery of 200,000 litres of water arrived yesterday. This is in addition to a delivery of 50,000 litres of water from the donations center. A three days supply of water is now on hand or enough water for 62,500 people at the current delivery rate.
4. Choose the best situation report input, A or B, which would be given by a Medical Officer of Health.
- ____An outbreak of Malarkey Fever was reported in the municipal area on 8/17/2007. Infectious disease experts report that the outbreak, which is caused by mosquito bites, has been contained and can be easily treated by common prescription drugs. Aerial spraying has begun to deal with the mosquito problem.
- ____An outbreak of Malarkus Persnicitus Hyperthermia was reported in your municipality and surrounding areas. Epidemiologists report that the calamity, which is caused by the species Buggusbiteusinthebuttus, has been contained and can be treated by taking Doxicycline Pentaborate Humongotablis B.I.D. An airborne decimation program using aerosolized chemical vector eradicants based on organic toxicants has been initiated.
5. Which of the following statements best describe an exercise debriefing? Choose all that apply.
A. ____It allows planners, facilitators, controllers and evaluators to review and provide feedback on the exercise.
B. ____Is held at regular intervals during the exercise to assess whether objectives are being met.
C. ____Allows each planner, facilitator, controller and evaluator an opportunity to provide an overview of the functional area they observed and document both strengths and areas for improvement.
6. True or false? Once the designated code word to stop an exercise has been transmitted and confirmed, it indicates that the exercise has been terminated.
|Previous||Table of Contents||Next|